Town Clerk


The city clerks are responsible for the administrative matters of running the town. The Town Clerk deals mainly in financial matters such as payroll, payment of bills and business contracts. If you have a problem with billing or payment, please come by or contact the clerk’s office.

Town Clerk: Jalesia
Assistant Clerk: Rene
Custodian of records is Rene Whitmore; please send all requests for public records to him.

Utility Permit

You will need to contact Cleco to get a Cleco account number. Once you have that, you need to go to the 911 Center (272 Industrial Blvd., Mansura, LA 71350) so that you can let them know where you are living. Once you have been to the 911 Center, return to the Town Hall with your application and pay the Town of Simmesport deposits. The following prices are for Town of Simmesport utility deposits only. For electricity, you will have to contact Cleco.

Water/Sewer Only$180$130
Water/Sewer and Gas$480$330
Table of Deposits for New Services

Occupational Licenses

Every business operating within the city limits must have an occupational license by January 31 of each year. You can request a form by mail, come by the Town Hall or download it below. The associated table governing the cost of the licenses is also available for download below. If you have any questions, please call the Town Hall or e-mail us.

Occupational License Form

Occupational License Tax Tables

Fee Table for Occupational Licenses

Employment Application

%d bloggers like this: